Saturday, July 31, 2010

I DIG DUG COMICS CONS








PRESENTING THE I DIG DUG CONVERSE ALL STARS!!!
A few years ago I ran into a former student of mine who had decorated a pair of white Converse All Stars with Sharpie markers. She had all kinds of things going on...and they looked awesome. That inspired me to do something similar, but to use my comics as a focal point for the shoes. Well...I finally did it...and this is the result.

The right shoe features my current comic, "LOST ON EARTH". The outside of the shoe shows Allen, Dr. Skwidd, Fishtarr and Blink, while the inside of the shoe features new characters that will be appearing in the strip soon; Charyssa and Jolt (the evil villains), 'Bot, and Ricochet.

The left shoe features characters from "I DIG DUG". The outside section features the three main characters, Dug, Carrie and Matt, inside their respective shirt symbols. The inside section features the secondary characters that made a ton of appearances in the comic from time to time, Brodie Rock, Smitty and Dave, Not-So-Super-Man and Action Lass.

The backs of the shoes rock the title of each comic strip, while the tongues showcase the main character from each strip.

I really love these shoes, and can't wait to wear them. After adding a little Scotch Guard of course. Gotta take extra precautions to keep these puppies clean.
-dug!

No comments: