Monday, July 4, 2011

Back to the Blog!!!



Wow...so after a nearly one year hiatus from blogging...it felt like the time was right to begin again. There are so many prospective cool things happening with I DIG DUG Comics that it just feels like it's time to start being active on the 'ol blog once again. That said...where to begin???

Well...let's just start with the current state of IDD Comics. I DIG DUG is no more. Well, let me rephrase that. I DIG DUG is no longer my main focus. I still draw good 'ol Dug, Matt and Carrie, but it's more for pure enjoyment on my own part. The I DIG DUG comic itself is no longer part of the large 'business plan' model of IDD Comics. I still enjoy the characters, and I still think there's ton of post-graduate stories to tell for these three, but it's just no longer my focus. My focus is now on creating and promoting (and...distributing...somehow) LOST ON EARTH!

I created the three main characters for LOE years ago during a cartooning art camp that I was teaching over the summer. I tucked the image away with the idea that eventually I would do something with them. Well...as I tired of creating new stories for I DIG DUG, I found myself reinvigorated by creating the story, and back stories, for the characters that would become Allen Android, Dr. Skwidd, and Fishtarr. I have produced 27 comic strips of the LOE gang, which I hope to submit to syndication companies in August. The goal being to see if I can (FINALLY!) get a strip nationally syndicated. In addition, I've just completed 7 pages of a LOE story in graphic novel/comic book form. There's also hope that LOE may take off in another medium other than the form of a daily comic strip. Truthfully...I really hope the comic book form takes off because I'm finding it very rewarding to draw and ink in the style of art that I was drawn to YEARS ago when I was in second grade. To be creating my own comic book is something of a dream come true, really...and to hopefully have it mass produced for national consumption would be equally rewarding.

So...that's the state of things. If you were a fan of I DIG DUG, I'm sorry...but aside from an occasional strip, there's not much coming from that department. But I do hope you'll check out LOST ON EARTH and maybe get hooked on that! You can 'like' or become a 'fan' of I DIG DUG COMICS on Facebook. Just search I DIG DUG COMICS, or better yet...click the link on the right side of the blog. Welcome back to the IDD COMICS BLOG. Daily updates starting today. :) Well...that's the plan... :)

-dug!

No comments: